The first week is easy and filled with enthusiasm. Then reality hits you as you realize the old stand-bys of spaghetti or tostadas are no longer available to you. You have to make a whole new list of "go-to" recipes. And that is a daunting task. This is a journey I have just started. I am keeping my food journal here so that when you are in a rut or are starting to panic you can look here for ideas and perhaps even inspiration.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Paleo Trail Mix

I love this mix. I am a cereal girl at heart and this is a great substitute. I eat about 3/4 cup with coconut milk or 1/3 cup mixed with about 1/4-1/3 cup plain, greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons of almond butter. It also makes a great snack.

I buy all the ingredients from either the bulk foods section of my local mega-mart or the local health foods store, guestimate the quantities and dump them in a huge bowl to mix. So yummy, you won't regret giving this a try!

16 oz roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
16 oz raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
8 oz roasted, unsalted almond slivers
6 oz dried pineapple, diced
5 oz dried flaked coconut (I can never find this though and just use shredded), toasted if you have time. And, of course, unsweetened

*Recipe borrowed from Nom Nom Paleo


No comments:

Post a Comment