The first week is easy and filled with enthusiasm. Then reality hits you as you realize the old stand-bys of spaghetti or tostadas are no longer available to you. You have to make a whole new list of "go-to" recipes. And that is a daunting task. This is a journey I have just started. I am keeping my food journal here so that when you are in a rut or are starting to panic you can look here for ideas and perhaps even inspiration.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 2 Food Journal

Monday
Tuesday
  • 2 fried eggs
  • Protein shake with 1/4 cup yogurt
  • Roast beef "rolls" with lettuce and horseradish-mustard (deli meat rolled around lettuce)
  • Tex-Mex beef enchiladas with calabacitas (see recipe below)
    • WOD: 500 swings
Wednesday
  • Coconut pancakes (my new favorite breakfast - yummy!) recipe below
  • Leftover broccoli rabe tossed with 1/2 can cannellini beans
    • Beans are not actually advised, but I was trying to make what I have work and use up what's in the pantry :-/
  • Grilled 6oz steak with green beans and cider vinagrette (recipe for beans below)
    • WOD: 500 swings
Thursday
  • Coconut pancakes
  • Roast beef rolls
  • Leftover pot roast mixed with carrots and kale, topped with a mashed potato and baked for 45 minutes. (Meh: not all that tasty - so I won't make this again)
    • WOD: Rest Day
Friday
  • Coconut pancakes
  • Grilled steak salad
  • 1/2 lb ground beef mixed with 2 sauteed zuchinni, taco seasoning, lime juice and 1/2 avocado
    • Pantry Raid: this time not because I had nothing to cook, I just didn't want to cook and this took virtually no preparation. I know it sounds weird, but it was actually a lot like a taco salad
  • WOD: 500 swings
Saturday
Sunday
  • Coconut Pancakes
  • Leftover pulled pork (over a bed of lettuce)
  • 6 oz grilled steak with a side of broccoli
    • WOD: Rest Day

No comments:

Post a Comment