The first week is easy and filled with enthusiasm. Then reality hits you as you realize the old stand-bys of spaghetti or tostadas are no longer available to you. You have to make a whole new list of "go-to" recipes. And that is a daunting task. This is a journey I have just started. I am keeping my food journal here so that when you are in a rut or are starting to panic you can look here for ideas and perhaps even inspiration.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 5 Food Journal

I finally feel like I'm getting in the groove of things. I no longer crave crackers and chips. The thought of bread is actually unappealing! The questions from people are changing from "you're doing what?!? When do you get to start adding things back? You DON"T?!?!?!?" To: "really? how does this work? what do you eat?" the last with sincerity and not incredulous disbelief. I went to a super bowl party and my considerate sister made Paleo Poppers with me and Andy in mind. And, it was fairly easy to navigate the buffet table - I did not feel guilty overloading my corn chips with a lot of guacamole to help compensate for the chip! I'm not quite to the point where I will eat it off a spoon (in public) but I'm getting there. Every week is still a battle, and some days are hard. But, they are getting easier.

Monday

Tuesday

  • Coconut flour pancakes
  • Sardines and 1/2 avocado
  • Grilled steak and zuchinni
    • FireWOD #2: Death by: 1 forward lunge each leg, 3 2H swings; add 1 rep every minute until reps exceed 1 minute. 2 rounds. Round 1: 6 sets. Round 2: 6 sets
Wednesday
  • 1/2 cup trail mix with coconut milk
  • Steak and spinach salad
  • Cashews
  • Grilled Chicken with zuchinni and peppers
    • Rest Day
Thursday
Friday
  • 1/2 cup plain, greek yogurt, 1/4 cup almond butter, 1/4 cup trail mix, honey to taste
  • Sardines and avocado
  • 1 apple
  • Cauliflower pizza crust take 2 (with olive oil, spinach, pepperoni and mozzarella)
    • FireWod #5;  8kg: 50 1H, 50 2H; 12kg: 80 1H, 120 2H
Saturday
Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment