The first week is easy and filled with enthusiasm. Then reality hits you as you realize the old stand-bys of spaghetti or tostadas are no longer available to you. You have to make a whole new list of "go-to" recipes. And that is a daunting task. This is a journey I have just started. I am keeping my food journal here so that when you are in a rut or are starting to panic you can look here for ideas and perhaps even inspiration.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 6 Food Journal

My birthday was this week. A week fraught with food issues! Cake and eating out. Luckily for me I never really liked cake - in my family it was all about pie. But, alas, neither pie nor cake is a viable option anymore. I honestly didn't really care one way or another, but it is important to my kids to have a "birthday party." So, to appease the 3 and 5 year olds we set out in search of a good, semi-healthy choice. We came up with cheesecake - what turned out to be a great alternative. And, in the end my husband came through and also surprised me with a giant pink kettlebell. It's a competition bell, so no matter the weight they are all the same size. This one is a 10kg, and that's a 12kg next to it. Let me tell you: the fact that I was actually excited to get this and not mad says a LOT about how much I've changed... But: I'm also firm in places that weren't a few weeks ago, so what can I say? It works.
Monday:
  • 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup almond butter, 1/4 cup trail mix
  • Guacamole and bacon sandwiches, handful of grape tomatoes and almonds
  • Grilled chicken with guacamole and grape tomatoes
    • FireWOD #1: firebreather; for time: 100 clean/press, 8kg and 100 squats; Time: 10:57. Plank: 48 seconds
Tuesday
Wednesday
  • 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup almond butter, 1/4 cup trail mix
  • sardines and avocado
  • almonds
  • Pot roast (from frozen leftovers)
    • FireWOD #3: firebreather; 8RFT: 20 12kg 1H swings and 8 forward lunges: Time: 10:06. Plank x 3: 1:23, 2:00, 0:53
Thursday
  • 2 fried eggs
  • Chickpeas and tomatoes tossed with lemon juice, EVOO and Parmesan cheese
  • Greek style chicken and green beans (recipe to come)
Friday
  • 1/2 cup trail mix with coconut milk
  • almonds
  • deli roast beef "rolled" with lettuce
  • 1/2 cup trail mix with coconut milk
  • Out for birthday dinner: chicken vesuvio, chicken with peas, onions and potatoes, red wine and calamari
  • Birthday Cake
Saturday
  • 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup almond butter, 1/4 cup trail mix
  • leftover chicken vesuvio
  • Orange chicken stir-fry
    • FireWOD #5: smoke eater; 5RFT; 8 & 10kg; 5 thrusters/hand, 10 squat thrusts, 15 swings: Time: 15:10. Plank x 3: 1:19, 0:26, 1:10
Sunday
  • 1/2 cup trail mix with coconut milk
  • deli roast beef "rolled" with lettuce
  • party: deli meat and cheese from sub sandwich, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber and peppers
  • Fish tacos with yogurt-chipotle cream sauce (recipe to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment