The first week is easy and filled with enthusiasm. Then reality hits you as you realize the old stand-bys of spaghetti or tostadas are no longer available to you. You have to make a whole new list of "go-to" recipes. And that is a daunting task. This is a journey I have just started. I am keeping my food journal here so that when you are in a rut or are starting to panic you can look here for ideas and perhaps even inspiration.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

A word about breakfast...

Tip for the week:
My husband believes that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I'm sure he's right, but the thought of eggs before I've had time to enjoy my coffee and then taken an hour to really wake up makes me ill. As you will see in my journal I do have eggs almost every morning. They are a great source of energy and do keep me going. I'm also a morning exerciser so: I fully wake up, eat my eggs, do my WOD within 30 minutes and then usually try to have a snack like a protein shake or nuts within another hour.
You need to figure out what works best for you but remember that skipping breakfast altogether just sets you back for the rest of the day.
Besides: eggs are cheap!

*Andy's recommendation for breakfast requires 50 grams of protein within an hour of getting up. 4 oz of meat and 4 eggs usually meets this requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment